Duties of NABET
- NABET make available accreditation procedure/criteria for accreditation and other relevant documents through NABET website
- NABET is obliged to make available information on CABs’ name, contact details, scope of accreditation, validity date, expiry date for its accreditation certificate(s) of each accredited CAB. This information is provided at NABET web -site
- NABET through information services and reports, provides CABs with information on tracking results of the accreditation process.
- NABET communicates changes to the requirements of accreditation such as ISO/ IEC 17024 or IAF/PAC documents. NABET gives sufficient notice to the CAB’s to enable them to implement the changes
- NABET is obliged to provide information on Multilateral Recognition Arrangements (MLA), and other International arrangements. The information is provided on NABET web -site and more information can also be provided on request.
- NABET provides mechanism to resolve complaints received for any of the activities performed by its officials, assessors, accreditation committee members and the accredited CABs. Detailed information have been stated in Procedure for Complaints, Appeals and Disputes NABET: SCD:PR:03
- NABET provides mechanism to address the appeals received from the CABs against its decisions. Detailed information have been stated in Procedure for Complaints, Appeals and Disputes NABET: SCD:PR:03
Rights of NABET
- NABET requires that all CABs shall conform to ISO/ IEC 17024: 2012 requirements and relevant NABET criteria to seek and maintain accreditation and adapt to the changes in the requirements of accreditation.
- NABET requires that all applicant CABs will sign CAB obligation for obtaining and maintaining NABET accreditation’ and abide by it, as mentioned Procedure for Obligations of Conformity Assessment Bodies NABET: SCD:PR:02
- NABET has the right to effect changes in standards on which CAB accreditation is based in accordance with international norms
- NABET has right to decide on policies related to accreditation in consultation with stakeholders
- NABET has right to take action against CAB giving valid reasons for the same - take adverse decisions giving reasons for the same
Rights of CABs
- CABs are entitled to receive information related to CAB accreditation. They can access NABET’s website http://nabet.qci.org.in/ which gives information necessary for NABET accreditation.
- NABET accredited CAB has the right to use ‘NABET Accreditation Symbol’ on the certificate issued to persons in its scope of accreditation. Detailed requirements governing use of ‘NABET Accreditation Symbol’ have been stated in Procedure for Reference to Accreditation and Use of Symbol NABET: SCD:PR:04
- CAB has the right to object to appointment of specific member(s) of assessment team by giving valid reasons.
- NABET is open to receiving complaints for any of the activities performed by its officials, assessors, accreditation committee members and the accredited CABs.
- NABET is open to appeals from the CABs against its decisions. The cases may involve refusal of accreditation, scope reduction, suspension or withdrawal
Obligation of CABs
- CAB shall conform in writing to all the obligations as defined in application for accreditation (NABET: SCD:FR:01).
- In addition, CABs shall follow all the requirements stated in NABET procedure for accreditation (NABET: SCD:PR:01)
For payment mode :Bank details for electronic transfer (INR) and ECS