Accreditation of Certification Bodies (CBs) operating for certification of Learning Service Providers (LSP) as per requirements of ISO 29993:2017.
ISO 29993:2017 - Learning services outside formal education -- Service requirements
A globalized and fast-changing knowledge-based economy requires people to continue acquiring new skills and knowledge for their entire professional and private lives. The formal education system plays an important role in a country’s human resources development. However, it is not always effective and sufficient in terms of meeting the rapidly evolving needs of individuals and societies. Private providers of learning services have more flexibility to respond quickly to such needs. In addition, as the cross-border mobility of employment increases in the global economy, more and more private providers are expanding their international presence and providing learning services to learners beyond their national borders. ISO 29993 is intended to provide such private providers with a generic frame of reference for quality learning services.
Benefits of ISO 29993 Certification to the Learning Service providers
- Align various elements of learning services, including advertising, information provided to learners, needs analysis, design, assessment and evaluation, for the purpose of improving the effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of learning services.
- Enhance the credibility of learning services.
- Provide a model for improving learning services that can be shared within an organization.
- Provide an internationally recognized instrument that demonstrates the reliability and quality of learning services.
Benefits of ISO 29993 to the Learners
- ISO 29993 is also beneficial to learners (and/or their sponsors) as this standard acknowledges the importance of the learner’s informed decision on the acquisition of learning services by specifying requirements on the information to be provided to learners (and/or their sponsors).
- Compliance with ISO 29993 can help learners select learning services that are appropriate to their goals and purposes.